Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

We had such a fun time for the 4th of July, I thought I would post it. I know this makes 2 posts within a week, so if you know me, and only check once a month... because that is all I post... please see below for their 9 month post :) We had the whole family at the cabin. I didn't get any pictures, but Jen and my mom did, so I will get some from them, or maybe Jen will post some later.

Family at the cabin
Jared, Jen, Matt, Zach, and Aiden
Dana, Kimo, Ty, Kade, Jay, and the lone niece Tobi
Erica, Heber, Kale and Toby
Cassie, David, Connor and Skyler
Kristy and Mom






We started off with breakfast at the park where we got to see a lot of distant relatives and old friends. Then we made our way to the parade where Skyler fell asleep. The Hatch town parade consists of a fire truck, a couple of souped up cars, a tractor and about 15 kids riding bikes pulling tin cans behind them. The ALL throw candy, and my family made out like bandits. Then we went to the carnival (by now both kids were asleep) where they had foot races for all ages, Kade and Kale competing in the picture above. When the boys finally woke up we took them to the swings and put them both in the same swing at the same time. They had such a ball I had to take pictures. We ended the day with a beautiful firework display worthy of a Las Vegas debut. We all kinda sat around in the backs of cars until it started. This was WAY past our kids bedtime. In the car we have David with Connor, Cassie with Skyler, and in the middle are Kade and Matt. The boys really liked the fireworks too.

Fun little story: Right before we got up to the cabin I called my brother to see what was going on, or if we needed to bring anything. Well he told me he was on his way to the Panguitch hospital because he was in a motorcycle accident. I asked what happened and he said he was hit by an antelope. I totally did not believe him (with good reason my mom said), and then I felt totally bad when I found out it was true. Needless to say he was pretty banged up with 3 broken ribs, and like 4 separated ones and plenty of bruises and road rashes. He was pretty cool about it, and we all thought it was funny.

On Saturday I went for a run with Kristy and we did well, and had fun. After I was holding one of the boys and bent down to pick something up, and in the process I totally messed up my back. I couldn't even pick up the kids the rest of the day. Today I feel better, but I think I am going to take a break from running for a few days.



Also, a couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to meet up with David's brother, Randy's family. We had a lot of fun with them and went to the new pool. It was fun to see them growing up (they live in Wisconsin, so we don't get to see them very often). David and Randy hit golf balls in a driving contest, off the back yard and into the ravine or mountain behind our house. In the picture are Elizabeth, Rebekah, Alan, Joshua, Skyler, Connor and Joshua.

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

It was great to see your 4th of July pictures. I'm glad you all had a great time. (Expect for maybe Jared). The swing pictures are very cute!

Laundry said...

HE DID WHAT??????????????? ok.. that like.. wow.. I am SO HAPPY he didn't get hurt any more than he did!!

glad you all had a happy fourth of july!!

Brynn said...

I think you and Mik'L just need to stop running. Thats a great idea to have your back stop hurting. Then, you guys can go to hip hop with me :) Love your new picture for my book, and thanks for one-uppin' me friend!!

Steffani said...

Wow that's horrible about your brother and kind of funny. I hope your back is better. Good ole' cabin in Hatch! And yes, those are the breadsticks that I would always make in college. I think I have a picture of you eating one for your birthday!:)

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 4th. Thanks for the visit. Next time it will be longer. (-: Sorry to hear about your back. I've hurt mine by simply lifting kiddos too--it sucks. The wear and tear we moms take is incredible.

Jenny

mikeandash said...

Your boys are so cute! I can't wait to meet them again. It was so fun to talk to you!