Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kids are growing up

So the boys are really growing up. They are starting to listen to us better, and learning a lot. They understand what we are communicating, and that is super fun now. They are picking up on words. Words that they say (though we might be the only ones to understand) are: please, more, cookie, shoes, juice, bye bye, milk, help, cheese, no, ball, papa and poopoo (they get those pixed up sometimes, sorry papa Craig) and that is all I can think of right now. They are so cute, they say "PEEEEZEEE" anytime they want something, and when you look down at them rubbing their chest (the sign for "Please") and a HUGE grin as they say it, it breaks your heart if you have to say no. Skyler can count to 3, but 2 is definitely his favorite number, 1 and 3 are hit an miss. We say 1, 2, 3... GO. He also mimics me when we go through books and say the colors, he also says apple. Connor can say GoGurt (their favorite after nap snack) and mama. As they are learning more, we aren't signing as much, but we still work on it, and I can definitely see how signing has helped with their communication.


The boys are also learning to play and associate a bit more with each other. They push each other around in the laundry basket (until they broke it) and in the toy cars. I think a language of their own is in the works, because they talk to each other and seem to understand each other, though we have no idea what they are saying. They like to sit next to eachother and eat their snacks on the couch. They love to jump on their trampoline, sing and dance. They like to head bob to rap music in the car. We go to the pool about once a week, and they love to go down the hydrotube slide. They really like balls and balloons, especially punch ball balloons. The boys go everywhere and keep us on our toes, and are seriously so much fun it is ridiculous!



I looked out the window and what did I see...... A chicken staring back at me!

That's right, we were sitting around one afternoon, and out of no where a chicken shows up on our front porch.



For Fathers Day I dressed the boys up (see below) but Skyler's shirt, boots and pants were on the big side, I asked David if he looked like he was going to go in to a school with a gun or something, but he said the tie pulled it together, but once we changed him out of his chirch shirt and tie.... I dunno, what do you think?


Sleeping Patterns:

Toddler beds have been a REAL challenge and we have to stay in there with them until they fall asleep. We did get a music player that projects an image on to the ceiling, and that seems to be helping. I think the fact that it stays light so long doesn't help very much either.

Connor still sleeps with his blanket in his mouth


Skyler loves to look at his books before bed


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
In tribute to David for Father's Day, I would like to say how awesome of a Dad David is. He is so good with the boys, and so supportive of me. I couldn't have asked for a better guy. For Father's Day I got the boys all matching ties, and they looked SO cute for church. I had to speak in church, which was OK I guess. I got to get up and publicly make fun of David for forgetting me on Mother's Day. So I guess we are even!



2 comments:

Laundry said...

aww i really miss those boys!!! lol. and of course you :) I can't believe how big they are getting! sheesh!

Mik'L said...

You had to speak last week? How did I miss that?! I bet that chicken was from down the street, right? Well I miss you guys! The YW in the new ward come in to RS every week for opening exercises, so it's fun to still say the theme! :) Call me sometime!