Sunday, September 19, 2010

Juneau

Salmon Bake

After the glacier, we ported in Juneau, Alaska. Our group had arranged for a lunch-ish meal at the Thane Ore House which was a Salmon Bake. I am not a huge fan of sea food, but this was pretty yummy. They also had a museum there that we were able to go and look around.







Mendenhall Glacier

After the Salmon Bake we shared cabs to go to Mendenhall Glacier. This was so awesome to go see. We were able to go to different view points and look around. They even had some hikes that would get you close to the base of it. Unfortunately time did not permit us to do those hikes. The bright blue parts of the glacier was where a HUGE chunk had fallen off that morning.










Around Town

Once we were done with the glacier we went to Juneau. David wanted to go see the Governor's home (former home of Sarah Palin), but it was too far away. We did see it on the way out to the glacier though. While in town we bumped in to some friends and shopped around. I got a beautiful pearl necklace! Then it was back to the boat.






Funny side note story about this day. By this day I was so wet and cold all the time. Seriously, ALL my clothes were wet from that morning being out on the boat. So I bundled up in as many dry layers as I possibly could. My hair was down and I looked in the mirror and had to laugh. I told David that I looked like a total BOY...he came in to the room and totally laughed at me, and said, "well, at least you look like a 'pretty' boy!" then went on to compare me with Sunshine from Remember the Titans. Anyway, funny little side story.

No comments: