Friday, October 22, 2010

Kokopelli Triathlon

On September 18, 2010, I did my first Olympic Distance triathlon.

distances were:
1.5K Open Water Swim (about 1 mile)
33K Bike Ride (like 22 miles or so)
10K Run (6.2 miles)

I have only ever done Sprint distances before, and kinda wanted to challenge myself a bit. My goal was between 3 hours and 15 minutes and 3 1/2 hours. I was pleased when I came in just under 3 hours and 15 minutes. I raced in the Athena (big girl) division and took first....out of 2, but hey!

bib number:302
gender:F
overall place:172 out of 191
division place:1 out of 2
gender place:49 out of 54
time:3:14:40
pace:0:
swim:31:10
t1:3:11
bike:1:19:37
t2:2:21
run:1:18:22
penalty:0:


RUN:
Well, what can I say about the run....it SUCKED! I started at about 11 AM, so it was already getting hot. I don't think I took enough "fuel", and I broke down about half way, and had to walk/run the rest. But hey, I finished!



POST RACE:
As soon as I crossed the finish line, I hopped in to an ice bath. This was my first ice bath and it felt REALLY good! Grabbed some food, cried a little, and packed up to go...I really wanted an ICEE so we stopped at the gas station, I ran in got the ICEE, ran to the bathroom and threw up about a gallon of water!



Where were the twinkies?
They were such sports waiting and watching with Daddy and Grandma Carma. They had shuttle going from the race to the cars, so Grandma Carma took them on the bus about 10 times. I think they had fun. After they would take about running in a race. It was so cool. And as you can see, they were tuckered out by the time we got home and settled. Thanks to Grandma Carma for helping entertain them!