Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August Update

LITTLE HELPERS

This was a month of My Little Helpers !!


Connor helped fold the laundry, and put the dishes away


Skyler helped put books away and the clean the cupboards


And I was lucky enough to have my cousin Cinthia and her son Jack help feed the boys so I could go for a run. (This was actually helpful)

11 MONTHS OLD

The boys moved into their big kid car seats...rear facing. They are eating lots of solids, and little baby foods anymore. They like toaster strudels, vienna sausages, corn dogs, sweet potatoes, cheese, peaches, pears and avocados. They both crawl very well and stand with the assistance of furniture, but show little interest at all in learning how to walk. They have this little stand and play station that my sister let them borrow, and they absolutely love it. They will dance to the music, it is so fun to watch. They also enjoy banging on the television, despite our efforts to teach them otherwise.


Skyler


  • About 23 pounds
  • Doesn't mimic as much anymore, but for a while would wave (Hi), shake head (you so crazy), clap (clap, clap, clap or Yeah), snort nose (piggie), wease (monkey), pant (dog), open and close mouth (fishie).
  • Started crawling on knees at the beginning of the month
  • Stands very well when holding on to things, and alone for about a second, I think he is scared to do it alone.
  • Loves to swim or play in the water
  • Loves to smile, talk and play
  • Has two bottom teeth
  • Dances to music
  • Hair is getting long (pictures prior to hair cut mentioned below)
Connor


  • About 20 pounds
  • Still crawls and stands with help of furniture and stands for about a second.
  • Loves to play with trucks, and pushes them around
  • Has started to mimic very little
  • Recognizes his name
  • Loves to climb on things
  • Starting to laugh and talk a lot more, when before he was smiling, but not as audible
  • Has four bottom and four top teeth
  • Does the stink bug crawl a lot, especially on grass or different surfaces.
  • Jumps or dances to music


LAS VEGAS


This month we also went to Las Vegas....again. We usually go about once a month. Anyway, we had a lot of fun there while staying at my sisters house.


Skyler LOVED playing in the water. It was this tube that sprays little streams of water out


They boys discovered the stairs.... Yeah... That was fun!! No major falls though


Connor LOVED to push his truck around almost the whole time!


We all had fun on the trampoline. The boys liked to crawl on it at first, and then when their cousins, Toby and Kale started jumping, it startled them, which is when they came and sat with me. After a while though, they got used to it, and had lots of fun!

MOM and DAD
As for David and me, we are doing well. Still running. I run about 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I intend on upping this so I can prep for a half marathon in Nov. David runs 5-10 miles about 3-4 times a week and has his marathon in Oct. We both have a race this Sat, mine is only a 5K and David's is 20 miles. David is enjoying is new position as the General Manager of the St. George Fastenel store, and couldn't wait to show off his new business cards. I played in a volleyball tournament the other weekend and my team took second. I was SO extremely sore after playing, but had SO much fun. My league starts in a few weeks and I can't wait. I had fun doing another scrapbook day with my family and friends, and can't wait to do it again. 20 hours of continuous scrapbooking... what more can you ask for :) David started his Fantasy Football league with my brother in law, Heber, and his friends down in Vegas, so that should be fun.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on the blog. The boys are adorable--and a great mom and dad.

Laundry said...

aww cute.. hey wait just a darn minute.. .your mom has a blog too??? or is that just something to allow her to comment.. cause if it's a blog.. give me the site, my aunt can't run away from me forever anyways. hahahaha

Laundry said...

yes i did hear about that. on cnn today! I didn't even know that she was going to continue that. I thought she was going to re write the series in edwards point of view instead of bella's. Now I'm just confused. Oh well if another book does ever come out. I'll read it.

and you totally better bring your boys up here some time!!
they are so cute!

Steffani said...

You're so busy with those little ones! I love Skyler's little hair cut. He looks like a little man now! Holy cow they are almost one, I can't believe it!

JanEtta said...

Your boys are just getting cuter by the post. And it looks like you got Skyler's hair cut too! We're planning a trip to Vegas mid October - we'll have to stop by again and let our boys play for a little bit. I'm glad you got your mom an account - now just to get her to start blogging -that'll be the trick

mikeandash said...

I'm glad you got to go scrapbook! I would love to see your book next time I see you, it was so cute when I saw it several years ago.

Fun pictures of the boys! It's a good thing they're there to help out with the laundry and dishes.

Jenny said...

What a great picture of David holding the boys! We can't wait to see the boys again. They are growing so big.

Jenny